Register online by clicking the button below. We will also be taking last minute registrations on the day - if there is room!!
Family Loop Registration
How to Register
The family loop is designed to be enjoyed by children between age 5 and 13, accompanied by an adult.
To ride the family loop you will need the following-
1. A safe, bike and helmet in good working order.
2. A parent or other supervising adult to do AT LEAST the first lap with you. Once you have done that loop with an adult and they are comfortable that you are safe and competent to ride, you will get a stamp on your hand. After that, you can ride without an adult AT YOUR OWN RISK. There will be several marshals out on the family loop course to make sure everything goes smoothly, but there are hazards, not all of the track will be visible by the marshals, so we would encourage all children riding to have a supervising adult with them. We recommend no more than 3 children per adult.
3. You need to register at the registration caravan, on the day, WITH YOUR SUPERVISING ADULT. They will need to sign a waiver for you. There is a $5 cost to register, please bring cash if you can as we limited access to eftpos. There is no charge for adults accompanying children on the loop, and they are welcome to bike or walk. The loop takes around 20 minutes to walk.
4. Each child registered will be given a numbered race plate to put on the front of their bike. This needs to be displayed at all times during the day.
5. If your children are riding their bikes around the event village or on any of the event features, they MUST be wearing their helmets.
6. There will be an aid station at the start/finish line, with water. We will not be providing disposable cups so please bring a cup or drink bottle.
When is it open?
The Family loop will open at 10.30am, with registrations being taken from 10am at the registration desk.
You can ride the loop as many times as you like. Between 1pm and 3pm, a marshal will be counting how many loops each child does. The family loop closes at 3pm. The child who does the most laps between 1pm and 3pm will be presented with a prize at the children's prizegiving, which will be at the main stage area at approximately 3.30pm.
You must be registered by 1pm to get your laps counted and be eligible for a prize. This year we will be dividing the results into age groups as follows:
11 + yrs
Please tell your children that if they would like their laps counted, they need to go through the start/finish line in an orderly fashion, so the marshall can record everyone.
Junior Rider Zone:
Watch this space for more information.
This feature is designed for children less than 7 or children that might not feel confident going around the family loop. We’re keeping the exact details under wraps for the minute – but it’s going to be cool! The junior rider zone will be made up of two smaller, flatter circuits located close to the event village.
Children riding these features will need to be supervised by their own adult AND wearing a helmet at all times. You will need to bring your own bike! It will suit smaller bikes with pedals and balance bikes.
Terms & Conditions
1. I am 12 years of age and over.
2. I will attend the race briefing.
3. I understand that this activity carries a degree of risk and is potentially dangerous. I agree that I am participating in this activity entirely and knowingly at my own risk.
4. I am aware of the hazards involved which include, but are not limited to, condition of equipment, condition of terrain, actions of competitors, spectators, officials, members of the public and weather conditions.
5. I am physically fit and (I have not been advised otherwise by a medical person), have trained sufficiently, have sufficient competence, experience and skill to compete.
6.I will be riding a Mountain Bike that is in race ready condition. And wearing appropriate protective clothing including helmet.
7.My race number will be tied to the handlebars of my bike and be visible at all times during this event.
81.I will follow the course set out and will abide by all instructions given to me by race officials.
9.I consent to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary in the event of any injury, accident or illness during this event.
10.I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin successors and assign as follows: a)I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE any kind of liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in or my travelling to and from this event, the following person or entities. Papakaio Home and School, land managers and /or owners, their agents, event sponsors or volunteers. b)I HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 10(a) above from any liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever and however caused which may arise, at any time as a result or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in or my travelling to or from this event. c)If for any reason Papakaio Home and School is liable to the entrant in contract, tort or otherwise, the combined maximum liability of Papakaio Home and School shall be limited to a sum equal to twice the entry fee paid by the entrant for this event.
11. I authorise photos to be taken and used in promotional material
12. I realise that I may be disqualified from this event if I do not abide to these rules and the race rules or any subsequent rule advised to me at the pre-race briefing or during the event itself. Disqualification will not lead to any refund.
Our full Health and Safety documentation is here.